Sunday 13 October 2013

Silja Festival!

This morning I woke up to a nice surprise. My phone was filled with texts and notifications from fellow ship lovers. Remember the ship that was replaced by Isabelle when Tallink bought her? I don't remember if I wrote about it, but for a while she was just laid up in Riga, until she was chartered to some company in Spain. Since she didn't move much while she was there, I think she may have been used as a hotel / accommodation ship, but I don't know. But what's certain now, is that Silja Festival is now on her way back to the Baltic Sea, and what's even better - her destination is my hometown Tallinn.


She is estimated to arrive on Friday the 18th, and of course I'll do my best to see her as soon as possible. Now the next question is, what will they do with her? I dare to dream of Tallinn-Turku route, some have even mentioned Rostock or St. Petersburg, but most probably she will be laid up, maybe tweaked a bit, to wait for the next contract. And I think I may have heard of a Christmas/New Year cruise she might do, but I'm not so sure about that. We'll see. 
Welcome back!

No comments:

Post a Comment