Monday 28 April 2014

The cruise season is on!

Today I'm very happy to announce that I've successfully survived the long winter and that today was the first cruise ship call in my hometown. This year it was MV Discovery, a small cruise ship built in 1971, now operated by Cruise & Maritime Voyages. She carries about 600 passengers and half as much crew.

Welcome to Tallinn, Discovery!

A bunch of lucky people
Obviously 600 passengers won't make a huge change, but when many ships add up to make 5000-10000 people, it's quite easy to notice the city more crowded than usually, especially the Old Town. This year it will benefit me directly, and I'm quite excited about the first call of Royal Princess on the 17th of May. In addition to the fact that she carries some 4000 passengers, she will be by far the largest ship I've ever laid my eyes upon. But I've already written about what I'm looking forward to. 

The sad part is that the next ship will not call until next Tuesday, and then after that, the following Saturday. That gives plenty of time for me to get impatient.  Fortunately cruise ships will call almost daily afterwards. 

I'd also like to enlighten you on what I've been doing in the meanwhile - after all, it has been almost a month since my last post. Most of it concerns my little research. I've been gathering materials, sending out e-mails and it finally seems to be going somewhere. I have the first interview meeting tomorrow, and I'd be lying if I said I'm not excited. I had the poll translated to Finnish as well, so, here I go again:


In addition to that, I think you have noticed by now that the look and feel of my blog has changed significantly. It has been this way for many weeks now. I've had the same layout since the very beginning and the time felt right for some changes. 

Generally, my head is generating awesome ideas for the upcoming season faster than I can write them down, and I'm getting more impatient about the future every minute. If everything goes as planned, I'll have a lot to share with you. And yeah, I'm looking forward to that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment